09 October 2007

The Devil

made me lazy there for a few days. Last post was #666, and I was tempted to sit out on the back porch and talk to my dogs and do absolutely nothing else.

We finished the Tiki bar project and, using beer, bribed some Marines to come help the Mister carry it out to the pool. The thatch for the roof arrives today, and that will be the end of that. I'm quite happy with it.

The Mister is showing serious social inclinations, which drives me a little nuts, but led to us Having Company Sunday evening. I'm a slob, and he's easily sucked into my slovenly habits, so there was a lot of cleaning involved.

We did it, of course. We cleaned and rounded up meat for the grill, and I made a fruit salad. I bought two small watermelons and only used one - I thought the second would be nice to have later this week. So I put the fruit salad in the fridge, the extra on the back of the counter, and we went off on a last minute onion run.

And came home to this.



I don't call 'em the Bad Dogs for nothing, folks. That was the end of the road for the WalMart runner, and I pitched the watermelon over the fence, since no matter how much I adore Casey, we do not enjoy the fruits of evil activities.