25 May 2007

The madness begins

I think we can call today the official "line of departure" for what I assume is going to be a couple weeks of sheer jumping through my ass.

I'm flying up to Pittsburgh for MC's wedding, and I'll be back in Tampa on Sunday morning. I've already packed pretty much all my folding clothes in a giant green bag, so the turnaround will be quick.

The turnaround? Yeah - I return Sunday, take the dress (thank you, thank you, MC, for requiring merely "black and formal" instead of some godawful hellish pastel monstrosity that I'll never wear again) out of the garment bag, put the hanging clothes in it, put the bags in the car, and then Mr. Abby and I hit the road.

I expect to clear the Bay area within 90 minutes of my plane landing. We'll drive Sunday, then hit DFW Monday night. Then I will be starting the New Job Tuesday.

While I try to readjust to working for a living, Mr. Abby will be screening houses and doing mortgage paperwork. We have through June 4 to find something we like, then he'll be flying back here.

The dogs, of course, are headed to Crazy Uncle Buddy's (who's made a pile of cash off us this spring).

Y'all know me well enough to know I have no problem spending time blogging even when I have more important things to do. But please bear with me when we come to those inevitable couple of days when I won't be able to muster anything but a thin whine. Things will improve.