12 August 2007

These requests

I talked to Cousin R today. She just finished her Navy Reserve Yeoman's course - bravo to her!

(Cousin R is a teacher and has a life, but thought maybe she should put on a uniform, just in case her country needed her, before she got too old. How cool is that???)

Anyway, after the usual gossip about the hometown and all that, she pointed out that I have been posting an insufficient number of pictures here.

[sigh]

Ok, Cousin R - this weird collage is for you. If I don't get a comment, I'm driving to Georgia and shaving your chocolate lab.



That's an M1 carbine bolt tool, bolt inserted, as I'm swapping out a sheared extractor. Perfect tool for the job - doing this with bare hands takes hours. With the proper tool, about ten minutes.

What - I can hear Cousin R from here - that sucks. I shall try something much more cute.



Sparky occasionally likes to try on one of the Big Dog beds. For some reason, as soon as Girl Child left, they kidnapped this sweatshirt she'd been wearing. Like sleeping with her, I suppose.

The other two?



Ensuring our dishes are properly pre-rinsed. Yep. They are on the team. And finally, in anticipation of this week's excitement...my Dad is coming to town!



I assume, since it's August, he will not have a beard anymore, not will he be wearing Carhartt. At least not the overalls. I might have to remind him about that - I'm pretty tolerant, but I'm not taking him out in public if he wears the Carhartt overalls.

Hey, Cousin R - check your Yahoo mail!