13 July 2007

Annoyances

Another lovely Texas morning. The Mister and I ran this morning - with my work schedule, running from 0730-0800 (or thereabouts) is a winner, and I'm trying to get in that habit.

I showered, am enjoying a bowl of Raisin Bran and listening Pot O' Coffee #2 brewing.

So what, you ask, could cause me to title this one "Annoyances?"

The world outside my house, of course.

We're trying to cancel our old cell coverage (provided by Sprint/Nextel). We've had two lines with them since Nov 03, but made the grievous error of replacing a phone (which I lost in a little fire in Iraq) in Nov 05. Now, of course, we're being told we must pay not just one $200 cancellation fee, but two.

After talking to four different people, I managed to get a direct number for "corporate escalations" (yes, let us escalate your annoyance) and confirmation that they'll talk to Mr. Abby (although my name is on the account).

Oddly, every person I spoke to on the subject insisted on first asking why we wanted to cancel our service with them, and what they could possibly do about it. Duh. Stop being evil.

[pounds head on table]

Additionally irritating is my continuing lack of a driver's license. All the Texans I talked to spoke highly of their state's ability to get a license out quickly once one went down to the DMV for that joyous experience.

I guess Texas has a differnt concept of "quickly" than I do. I'm only bummed because there's a gun show this weekend, and although we know Abby doesn't buy many guns at such events, there's one firearm in particular I'm looking for, and I'd like to go and cruise for it. Alas, unless the mailman is on my side today (and how often does that happen, really?), the FFLs of North-Central Texas will have no chance at my hard-earned cash this weekend.

Which is fine, really. I'll just buy more ammo.

Alright, I'll stop bitching and go to work now. Just thought I'd share the morning's cause for eye-rolling.