10 October 2007

Geekin'

C'mon, you gotta admit it. This looks like a good time, no matter who you are.



You also dig my high-speed, low-drag Firearms Tomfoolery Table, don't you? If you cruise the local Goodwill SuperStore enough, you too may score one just like it. Ugly as sin, heavy as the average donkey, and 15 bucks.

So I poked and I peered, looked at numbers and wiped a little cosmoline out of the trigger assembly. Then I realized there was something horribly awry with the rear sight tensioning, so I figured I'd just take the thing off and put it back on to ensure it was:
A) done right
B) screwed up by me, which is obviously better than screwed up by a stranger

I took the base off, and....hey! What's this?



Now, we can assume that stands for "Army," or maybe the rifle was once signed over to "Albania." It's possible it was once the T/O weapon of Pvt. "Anderson," or perhaps it was an organizational marking and this was an "Alpha Co.," rifle.

But, you know, I choose to believe that's an A as in Abby. T'was meant to be mine, I think.