23 October 2009

Wild and crazy - that's us

A job has come along, but it doesn't start for me for about a month, so Jack and I are just killing time.  I'd be totally content to just nap, but my sidekick demands regular activities.



We have established a routine.  I run every other day, and on those days he gets a neighborhood walk.  When there's no running, I take him somewhere. 




Yesterday I forgot a poop bag and had to return to the house.  This earned me dirty looks.  Once we hit the park, we troop around and look for squirrels.  This town has a fabulous population of energetic little gray squirrels, and in Jack's opinion they all need to be chased.




Mostly, he has to just look.  But sometimes - once in a while - when we're in corners of the park without cars and where there are no other dogs...I take his leash off and tell him to get it.  Yesterday he put the Fear of Dog in three or four of them. 

No squirrels have been harmed...yet.  But hope springs eternal.