26 June 2007

I'm not dead

Advance apologies for any weird formatting we have going on here. We’re still without internet at the new hacienda so I’m going to cut and paste from Word while at work.

I haven’t fallen off the face of the earth, but things were a little crazy and there hasn’t been time for me to go driving around to steal me some wireless.

The pack arrived without incident. Well, actually, after several incidents. But they’re here so it’s all a wash. Entities which have been added to the Beat With Stick list include the title company, Sears (bringing you Appliance Delivery Fiascos since 1920…), AT&T and possibly the gas company.

I have learned that if one has a pool and a lab puppy, the lab puppy will be in the pool. On one hand, this wears him out – he hasn’t eaten any household objects since arriving. In bad news, I have a wet puppy who needs to be hosed down about twice a day (I want to rinse the chlorine off).

Things that rock – having my own washer and dryer again. It was downright anti-feminist, the joy I took in washing clothes yesterday. “Look, honey! I’m putting things in the dryer without inserting quarters!”

Also rocking is my M1 carbine, which is in very nice shape. The stock isn’t original, and due to the internet drought, I haven’t been able to look anything up. Which chaps my ass, but I’m trying not to hate.

OK. I’ll try for some pictures later, but I had to hang this out so y’all didn’t think I’d become one of those bloggers who found better things to do. I don’t have THAT MUCH of a life.