26 July 2007

"High-traffic areas"

The ones referenced in the post about the chore list? Well, it seems that Sparky in particular has taken to shitting...well, not in the grass. He likes to keep his feet dry and clean, so he prefers to stand on the pavers and shit right over the edge. Or to squat on the edge of the pool deck and shit in the crushed stone border.

[sigh]

It also doesn't help that Casey is the poopingest dog I have ever encountered (must be how she eats like a horse and keeps the lean figure), and thus always races three feet past the patio and dumps a steaming heap in the yard.

My Mom is waaaay into dogs (I come by this naturally), but I still didn't want her to encounter a canine landmine within her first ten minutes here. I made that clear to the kids - "Hey, minute 16, she steps in dog crap, that's cool. But not the first ten minutes."

Of course, now she's been here a few hours, and I think she had to leave her shoes out back. Oh well - one hangs out at Bad Dog Central at one's own peril.