08 August 2007

Things I'm doing

...instead of blogging this morning.

A kindly coworker leant me her copy of the new Harry Potter book, since the children took theirs home with them and Mom took hers to read on the plane. That should be finished tonight.

Also, Mr. Abby seems not to be able to drive to the dry cleaning place a quarter of a mile away, so I shall now be leaving early to do that.

I ran this morning, which was good. Downside, I didn't swim with Jack, so he shows signs of devouring something in the house while we're gone today. In sort of a detached way, I'm interested to see what that will be.

However, I did have time to zip over to CNN. Best political headline in a while: Elizabeth Edwards: Can’t make John ‘black’ or a ‘woman’

I didn't read any further - it really didn't seem to be news. Elizabeth Edwards seems like a perfectly nice woman, but I didn't really expect her to be able to alter the basic biological characteristics of another living being by sheer force of will. Then again, the use of scare quotes aroung "black" and "woman" is slightly interesting. I always thought both being black and being a woman were fairly factual states, and not really open to a lot of shading.

AH, well. Off to the dry cleaner I go.