24 September 2007

If you have to let an SOB in your house...

you may as well call him what he is.

Point to Columbia University president Lee Bollinger, who did a very respectable job of calling an evil bastard an evil bastard when, for some reason, said evil bastard was speaking at Bollinger's university.

"I am only a professor who is also a university president, and today I feel the weight of all the civilized world yearning to express the revulsion at what you stand for," Bollinger told Ahmadinejad. "I only wish I could do better."


The video is pretty good. I did especially like the CNN intro, where they soundbited (soundbit?)one of anti-Ahmadinejad protestors who pointed out, in true protestor fashion, that Ahmadinejad's positions constituted "hate speech."

Well, there you go. We can put up with an awful lot, Mr. Evil Iranian President, but hate speech is simply not tolerated at Columbia.