19 October 2007

Ow.

It came to my attention last weekend at my first drill that although I have been running, it would be in my best long term interest to do some more situps and pushups in my off time.

Cool. Situps and pushups are something you can only get better at by doing...situps and pushups.

Maxing out the situps for my age group requires one to do 82. That is by no means impossible, but I can't get there unless I do them a couple of times a week.

I came home from work and the Mister (God love him) said, "want a beer?"

So I replied, "Sure - but hold my feet for some situps first, because I want to max these next month."

We dragged a dog bed into our room so I could sit up without canine interruption. I stretched out, put the hands behind my head, and...

Owwww!

On #2, something gave on the lower left side of my abdomen. "Gave" with authority. So we halted the exercise, and decided to try again in a couple of days.

In the meantime, both sneezing and laughing are shockingly painful. I think, ladies and gentlemen, that I may be getting old.