30 March 2009

Catchup Post!

OK, so here we are at Big Base, because someone is getting ready to go on mid-tour R&R leave. In the name of operational sercurity, I won't say who, but the individual in question is abso-freakin'-lutely ready to get out of this country for a little bit.

Hooah, cold beer.

Anyway. A couple of you asked for followup to the earlier post about SGT B's trip to get meat. He won, and upon his return, SGT C (who does not eat pork) left the FOB for a few days. So SGT B and I did the only thing we could do - Pork Fest 09!

My Mom (who rocks), had sent some marinade-in-a-packet with hickory flavoring. So we made up a dry rub.



Then, we recalled, some people often roast, simmer or boil their ribs before putting them on the grill. We had only one pan, but sometimes one has to make do.



They got a wee little simmer while I attended a meeting. When I returned, they were ready for the sauce. Then a quick toss onto the grill, and...



Oh, yes. Hooah, ribs.