03 October 2007

Bud's Gun Shop - Two Wagging Tails

I held off on this one, because a little problem cropped up and I wanted to see how it would work itself out.

We are, I assume, familiar with the saga of Dad and the Puma rifle.

So. The rifle got to Evil Hometown FFL yesterday (and they're maybe not so evil, although for some reason we always thought they were evil when I was growing up). I got home and had a message from them.

Called Michigan.

"Yeah...umm...Bud's sent that up to you, so we can only transfer it to you."

Dude, WTF? I'm in Texas, you can't transfer it to me.

"Yeah, but it's a federal law thing..."

[sigh] I'll call Bud's and we'll see what our options are.

So I called last night and spoke to a very nice woman (although I regret I do not remember her name), who recommended immediately that I call Brandon this morning, since he is the Fixer of Problems. So I did.

Hey, Brandon. This is Abby, and here's the issue...

"Hmm...well, we shipped to you because you bought it -"

Brandon, the delivery address throughout has been Dad in Michigan, and that's why he sent in a personal check to pay for it.

"He paid for it? With a personal check? Okay - then this shouldn't have happened. Let me check into this, and I'll email you back."

That was at 0812 (Texas Time).

At 0835...an email.

The comments for your order are

We have faxed a copy a new receipt to the dealer, they were going to call you, and make sure everything was okay. They said they would transfer the gun for you father.


That's what I'm talking about. This afternoon we'll know if Hometown Dealer (see, I have temporarily removed the "Evil" prefix) can functionally have someone fill out a 4473.

At least someone in the Bad Dog extended family gets a new gun. [wanders off to compulsively check the CMP E-store]