02 October 2007

What has a gal gotta do

to get some guns around here???

I just got off the phone with Bud's Gun Shop in Kentucky about Dad's .45 LC. Although it had gone to "shipped" over the weekend, I still didn't have a tracking number. So I called, and, "yeah, our tracking numbers are down, it left Saturday."

Yikes! Had to make a call Evil Hometown FFL to give them a heads-up (and Dad's number, 'cause I think he forgot to include it).

Meanwhile, in guns that are actually destined for my grubby little hands...the CMP had a certain number of Garands inspected and ready to go. They were shipping them out just days after receiving the orders.

So I sent mine in, and, apparently, right before they got to filling mine, they ran out of the inspected rifles. So, it seems, I'm waiting on them to open crates and inspect more.

Which is cool. It's not like I'm without a rifle until it arrives. But still....