03 October 2007

Clearing the air

Please excuse a public airing of information for some of those close to me I have not had an opportunity to communicate directly with.

Dear Don and Barb next door,

I am very sorry about last night. That barking that probably woke you up at 0440 was my dog, Jack. Fortunately, it only took until 0442 for me to realize that the barking was coming from my back yard, and that it meant I'd left the bedroom door open and the dogs were out.

If you slept through the barking, then the loud "get in the house this second or I swear I will shoot you in the head," was also me, and I was talking to the dog. Don't worry. I promise we'll not let him out to do that again.

Thanks for putting up with us,

Abby


Got another one.

Dear Mr. Abby,

The stuff you stepped in this morning on the way to the shower was shredded mozarella cheese. I'm sorry I didn't clean it up last night, but you were already asleep and I didn't want to run the vacuum.

That also explains why there was a package of shredded mozarella on top of your dresser. It was after midnight when I heard strange sounds and realized the dogs had stolen the cheese off the counter after supper and smuggled it into our room. Perhaps because I realized I'd be screaming in the yard at 0443, I really just wanted to sleep, so I took it away and put it on your dresser where they couldn't get it. I figured we probably weren't going to eat it anyway.

Thanks for putting up with us,

Abby