16 November 2006

Scandalous Post

I know, I promised the Bad Dog Nation a JUICY, never-seen-before picture here tonight. Now, I know this may frighten some of you. It scares the beejesus out of me. But, it's part of life as I know it, and so I'm going to share it with you.



That would be Hobbes. Hobbes is my parents' housecat, and he is entirely MY FAULT. We lost my childhood housecat (Max) while I was at Parris Island. At some point when I was home on leave early in my Marine Corps career, I volunteered to go to the shelter and pick up a NEW cat for Mom and Dad, since Mom has a hard time with shelters (ends up bringing ALL the critters home).

So I went to the shelter, and I found Hobbes, who SEEMED normal enough. Of course, in the nine years or so they've had him, I think Mom has had more veterinary visits to deal with Hobbes' EMOTIONAL issues than his physical ones. He's pushy, needy, and he bites.

Really, seeing as he's just pretty much your typical CAT, I try not talk about him here at Bad Dogs. However, he's been giving me the evil eyes and since I'm honestly a little afraid of him (who isn't a little afraid of cats?), I promised him I'd put up his picture.

So there you have it, folks, Hobbes - the dirty feline secret of the Bad Dog Family.