09 April 2007

Bedded down

for the night in a Cheap Motel between Mobile, AL and the Mississippi state line. My goal today was a minimum of 400 miles - I did 535, so I should be in good shape to make DFW tomorrow with enough time to hunt down some pantyhose (have I mentioned how much I hate occasions that call for the wear of heels and pantyhose?).

This particular Cheap Motel advertises free high speed wireless, and apparently it exists, but it was impossible to get a connection - so I'm "borrowing" the network from the Cheap Motel next door.

Appreciate all the input on a name for Black Dog. Keep 'em coming. I've got Mr. Abby over the idea of naming him "Gunny," so let's see what we can come up with. Right now we're stalled at "Junior" ('cause then he could be JR From Dallas here in a few months), but I'm keeping track of the suggestions. Once we meet the little guy and get a read on his personality, we'll see what fits best.

OK. 765 miles to drive tomorrow, so I'm off to bed.