10 April 2007

Job Interviews

And in highlights from today, we have Abby's favorite question, asked by a gentleman peering at my resume.

"So, between this outreach work, and this Army stuff, which of your last couple of jobs have you liked best?"

[blink blink]

"You know," says Abby, trying to organize her thoughts and not say that's a dumbass question, "although I really enjoyed working at [the outreach agency], and I love the mission and the people, there's a certain job satisfaction that comes with bringing people home alive that was a real highlight on the last one."

C'mon.

Did you prefer a job where you ran a pretty good chance of dying, or a job where that really wasn't on the table?

I like to not die.

Did you prefer knowing you'd ensured adherence to Government Printing Office regulations at end of the day, or was it slightly more satisfying for all of your Soldiers to have all of their limbs?

Gotta go with the limbs on that one, Jim.

Anyway...it wasn't bad. Although one group did have me take some 100-question automated personality test that I'd be willing to bet came out "cranky."