31 May 2007

Mornings

are not bad in this new situation. In order to be at The Job by 0900, I have to leave the Temporary Location by about 0840. Very handy.

I've never been a sedentary person, and this is a very sedentary Job. I'm not certain yet how that's going to work out.

Super Realtor called last night to tell us that, after some market analysis, the house we're looking at is a bit overpriced, so she and Mr. Abby are going to work that issue. Unfortunately for him, it also means he may have to hit the road to look at more houses.

You don't have to do that very long before every one of them begins to look exactly the same. I'm not particularly helpful, since I insisted on the "no HOA" rule, and yesterday, when taken to a very nice place, I walked out in the backyard, looked at the sea of roofs that comprised the entire view, and said, "nope."

I really do have them looking for the Hermitage in a highly developed area. I should probably watch my back - one of these times, I'm going to rule someplace out because I think there are too many neighbors, and Mr. Abby, after looking at 23 houses that day, is going to plunge a combat knife into my kidney.