25 March 2007

Sunday Stroll

Agh!!!!

PUT. YOUR. DAMN. DOG. ON. A. DAMN. LEASH. Jesus H. Christ.

Particularly if you have THREE DOGS.

There's a spot near the house about three blocks long that runs behind some vacant lots. It's a nice place to take the dogs for a brief walk, because our sidewalks suck and I can let them all the way out on their extendo-leashes. So we walked down that path and to the very end of the area. I turned them around and noted a woman with two large pit-type dogs and one rat dog had wandered into the area. Of course, no leashes, and the dogs were NOT under voice control.

(Hint - if you're yelling at your dog and it's ignoring you, it's not under control)

One of the pit types came wandering up to the Bad Dogs (as I was walking to a spot where I could cut back over to the sidewalk). She was a Good Dog and they all made friends. I was in the process of dragging mine away, when the rat dog came tearing at us, barking hysterically. Casey set up to do a swoop-and-tackle intercept, but I wrestled her back to my legs. The rat dog continued to follow us, barking, while its person yelled at it from 50 yards away.

Listen, lady, my dog was set up to kick your dog's ass. Because your dog has no manners.

Now, Casey is a little lacking in the manners department. She does well off-leash with other dogs, but she is very into being the Alpha Female, and will kick asses to make that point. I recongnize that not everyone is cool with my dog laying a little pecking-order whupass on theirs, so I keep mine on a leash.

Idiots. Of course, this forced us to walk home via the narrow, crappy sidewalk instead of the nice grassy open area. Not that we're bitter.