28 March 2007

Ugh...

Okay...so about the nicotine patch. I picked up a packet yesterday at the exchange. I just passed a very long night, so let's take a look at the instructions again, shall we?

Some of the notes:

- nicotine can increase your heartbeat. OK - that explains the heart racing all night.
- if you have vivid dreams or sleep disturbances, you may remove the patch at bedtime and apply a new one in the morning. I didn't sleep more than 45 minutes continuously at any point. But the vivid dreams weren't all bad.
- while wearing the path, you may experience one or more of the following side effects: nausea (not yet - not inclined), dizziness (nope), dry mouth (oh yes, and let me tell you about my boogers!), diarrhea (great), nervousness or restlessness (fabulous), headache (not yet), vivid dreams or other sleep disturbances (yee-haw!), and irritabiliy (like anyone would notice).

I think I'm going to go to Starbucks now...

Jesus. In bed for nine hours, thrashing the whole time checking the clock, and the strangest shit dancing through my head. I'm giving this another night, then I'm going to try sleeping without it.