06 June 2008

Check this out!

I wish I could claim credit for this guy, but ran across a link over at Blackfive today. In case any of you didn't catch it, you need to trot over and check out Daniel's Big Trip.

His blog is all on one page, so I recommend you get a cup of coffee and start at the bottom. Here's a "mission statement" type blurb from his first post:

I've decided that since I gave 11.5 years of my life to this country, and even lost body parts fighting for it, I want to SEE it, and the people who live in it. My plan is to drive basically a big circle around the USA from TN to Maine, then Oregon, down Cali and off to Key West. I have a beat up 1984 Suburban I've been preparing for the trip, and my plan is to live in it, along with my mildly retarded Boxer. I hope to see a lot of sites, stay off the interstates, and meet a lot of interesting people along the way…

The coolest thing about this gentleman and his blog is that although he got hurt pretty badly, and the wounds have obviously changed the course of his life, you will find that you are not reading a pity blog. After about two posts, I was so caught up in the Suburban, the trip and the boxer that I was in far more danger of spitting coffee all over my keyboard and shorting it out in a fit of laughter than I was of choking up.

It's very good. And the boxer? The boxer is adorable.