21 April 2007

Awkward moments

with Mr. Abby. Including when he says, "we're not buying any more guns until after we move, RIGHT?"

I pause. Blink. He reads the blog. How can he have missed this?

"Well, actually, I'm going to order one of the CMP carbines at the end of the month."

He looked at me. I look at him.

"Can't we wait?"

"I don't think so, honey. I mean, if you want, we can wait until Fall, and then I can drop like $1,200 on a rarer manufacturer. But really, I'm good with the $495 Inland."

"Well, I guess that's better to afford now than to afford later."

Yesss...my precious. We will afford the Inland now, and then we will be amazed by our ability to afford the Saginaw S'G' this fall...we will be amazed because we will not notice our wife has delayed the electric and gas bills...