15 April 2007

BAG Day

Yes, folks, it is that fine day widely recognized in the gun nut blogosphere as "Buy A Gun Day."

I've wandered my favorite blogs and made a note of all the fine toys folks are picking up.

[sigh]

I feel as though I'm not pulling my weight, but I just can't pull it off this year. Money is tight. I've picked up several new firearms this year, and I'm still focused on that CMP Inland carbine at the end of the month.

So, alas, no new armament today at BDC.

You all enjoy your new toys. I'll pick up the slack in the next few months, I promise. If you've got the means, please compensate for the damage I've done to the average and buy yourself TWO guns today.

The days of poverty are rapidly coming to an end, though. The first gun-related object that will come with my pending employment and our move is a safe. The 10-gun glass-front cabinet just ain't cutting it anymore.

After that...a nice .270 or .308 for open-country hunting, and I really really need a mid-size .357 to round out the collection, and then I need to start trying to find a decent Garand, and I'd like a .410 or .28ga autoloader, and...well, suffice it to say I'm certainly not going to leave the American firearms industry high and dry.

Heh. I love this hobby.