21 July 2007

Paying the piper

Abby's Mom is coming to town at the end of this next week. And Abby's Evil Corporate Masters were starting to look as though they thought working on a Saturday might be a Good Thing.

Better to be in control of one's own destiny, so I volunteered to work this Saturday instead of waiting to be volunteered to work next Saturday. This netted me last Monday off, but now I have to jump in the shower so I can go work noon-til-2100.

Ick.

Upside? Gets me out of the house, bails me out of home improvement and provides an excuse to avoid a new-guy type social function the Mister is participating in. Downside? Another day spent indoors behind a desk doing nothing much even remotely important.

Then again, the place I work does not have the constant, neverending, incessant, fingernails-on-chalkboard background soundtrack of shitful cartoons 24/7. Silver linings, and all that. I best go wash my filth so I can leave...