20 July 2007

Team player

I got a call from one of my coworkers this morning as I was wandering around sweating after my run.

"Try to wear red today!" she reminded me.

[sigh]

Somehow, the place where I work has developed some sort of collective "habit" of wearing red shirts on Friday as a visible demonstration of our support for our troops.

Can we just stipulate that the Bad Dog household, and Abby specifically, has got our troops' collective back? Love 'em. Been 'em. Sleep with one of them on a nightly basis. Troop support - covered.

But! I strive to be On The Team, and certainly want to encourage those who demonstrate their support in some of these more esoteric ways to go ahead and do so - hey - it's better than ignoring our troops.

So off I went to closet. Neither Mr. Abby nor I wear a lot of red. I had a Santa hat, a leather motorcycle suit, and a shirt depicting the famous work of art Dogs Playing Poker.

After much searching, I found an atrocious old red Marine Corps recruiting T-shirt. With weird sleeves. But hey - I'm on the team.