30 April 2007

Things you can't explain

So I got back from running around the park, and I sat down with the Bad Dogs. "Dogs," I said, "You don't want to go out there right now. It's hotter'n Hell and super-sunny."

Casey whined. Jack jumped up and down (yeah, we're having a lot of luck with that "keep him low-key after surgery thing). Sparky yapped.

"No, guys, seriously. If I take you all out for walks right now it would be like animal cruelty."

Hearing the word walk, they began hurtling around, shaking their collars and staring at the door.

"Goddamit, I said no walks! Walks come later, when it's not a thousand degrees out!"

As soon as it starts warming up, I do this every single day. I'll start taking them right after 1700, and I'll take Casey last because heat really wears her out. If I could just speak Dog for like ten minutes...