02 May 2007

Waiting, patiently

For the M1 carbine fairy.

(Imagine with me for a moment, if you will, exactly what the M1 carbine fairy would look like...)

Anyway. It went Priority on Thursday, but I didn't worry about delivery confirmation, so I simply assume it arrived in a timely manner. Monday afternoon, the CMP guys posted the picture of their mail.



And they said there were an additional three tubs sitting on the floor.

[sigh]

And yes, I did open the imagine and zoom in on it to see if I could spot my envelope. No luck - the resolution was too low. Yeah, I'm a freak.

Of course, some evil lucky ratbastards are getting the "we've opened your order and we're dealing with it so don't call and bug us" email. I, not surprisingly, have not.

[sigh] (and these are whiny, bummed sighs today)

I'd actually just be thrilled if this shows up before I head to Texas. I'm really not sure how likely that is. But it WOULD make things simpler, so we can probably be safe in the assumption it WON'T work out that way.