18 May 2007

From Marathon

I wandered into a bar earlier today and ended up drinking with some Big Pine Key locals. Beards down their chests, all six of 'em, and not eight teeth among the group. One of them said he'd caught the "Keys disease" six years ago.

I'm not all about the toothlessness, but I see how one can come down with that "Keys disease."

Today was Critter Day.



You have no idea how many backroads on Big Pine I drove down before I saw that guy. They are quite cute, and quite small. But that was the afternoon. In the morning, I took a tour. (Yes, I am the hopeless tourista)



Yep. I went to the Turtle Hospital at Marathon. Pretty cool.

And finally, a picture of your author, in the always-weird-looking Aunt Jemima headgear, on Seven-mile bridge. My first night here, I had a couple beers with some biker-tourist corporate types from St. Louis. One of them said he'd "seen God" on the Seven-mile bridge. I dunno about all that, but it is a nice view.



OK. That's it. My wireless tonight is provided by Porky's Seafood and BBQ in Marathon, so I'm going to let y'all go and have a beer (or two). I'll get back to comments and such in a couple of days.