16 May 2007

I screwed up the puppy

and Mr. Abby is going to kill me when he gets home.

I did not know it was possible to turn a dog into a night owl, but it seems I have. The past couple of nights, Jack's been running wild at 0200, 0300, even 0330. He's jumping on the bed, off the bed, trying to get Sparky to play, making that weird let's-play "yerp!" noise...

Two nights ago I was dozing around 0350 and woke up to him viciously shaking his toy camel and whacking it against the bed. Last night, after I turned out the light and tried to explain to him that "this is the time when we all shut up and sleep," he wandered into the living room, retrieved his bone, and proceeded to gnaw loudly on it.

Of course, now he's sacked out on the floor.

Good lord. Anyway, now is the time when I pack their trash for their trip to Crazy Uncle Buddy's.