15 May 2007

More carbine madness

Since I'm on the subject...

You may have noticed I haven't posted anything gleeful about the CMP M1 carbines. I'm actually kinda bummed right now. Let's wallow in my bummedness for a while, shall we?

I sent my paperwork with a check, Priority, from Tampa to Alabama, on Thursday, April 26 in the afternoon.

Now, since it hasn't been returned, I'm certain it didn't get there Friday.

It took the fine folks at the CMP until Friday, 11 May to open all the mail they received on the 30th (more than 3000 pieces). They sent out confirmation emails. I didn't get one (sonuvabitch ratbastard Florida mail).

Now they're working their way through the pile they got on the 1st. Estimates say they should have all that open by the end of this week. Still, no email for Abby.

(Yes, since you mention it, I would like some cheese with my whine)

Note to self - next time, spend the extra dollar for delivery confirmation.

Since I sent a check, I'm keeping an eye on the bank. If it clears and I don't have an email, I'll assume my handwriting was too crappy for them to decipher and I'll call. Until then, though, I wait.

And whiiiiiine.....