15 May 2007

Packin' my bag

I was kicking around Bad Dog Central recently, being bored. I don't have much time left in Florida, my husband's out of town, and pretty soon I'll be rejoining the ranks of people-who-have-jobs.

So...what to do, what to do?

Funds were tight, so I went out in the yard and dug up a few Kruggerands.

- Hey, get out of my yard! I wasn't being literal! There's nothing back there but dog shit! -

Sorry about that.

Anyway, I freed up some funds. Kicked most into the "general getting through the next month" fund. And pocketed a little.

The Bad Dogs have a short reservation with Crazy Uncle Buddy. I have several Florida road maps. My fishing bum/boat drink clothes are in my leather bag. The only shoes I'm taking are sandals.

Tomorrow (correction - later today) I clean the house and lay mines. Wednesday, I drive south.

How far south, Abby?

As far as I can go.

Well, without having to get on a raft. I'd like to see Cuba, but I'm going to settle for Key West on this trip.