11 February 2007

Good Sunday - Range Time, etc

Had a range day today. I continue to adore the Warrior, and recommend it most highly. The M9 is handling very well. The "D spring" conversion helped significantly with the DA first shot. I still prefer to not take a DA shot, but it's center mass if I do, so that makes me happy.

The range was a zoo today. It usually is on the weekend, but that makes for better people watching. Some pretty decent shooters today. Nobody fabulous, but less cringe-inducing than normal. Right before I left, a fairly large laugh-and-shriek-and-shout group came in. I'm all about people having social range outings, but too much tomfoolery gives me the willies, so I was happy to be finishing up.

Okay - question for all you men out there. Why do you insist on bringing your girlfriend to the range and renting her a large caliber, double-action pistol? She doesn't do very well with it. Actually, normally you don't do very well with it either. Stop that. It's not nice.

How 'bout this, tough guy? Next time I see you rent your chick a DA .45 and then laugh at her for not shooting well with it, then proceed to not shoot much better yourself, I'm going to put her on my 1911 and have her shooting better than you in 5 minutes. Dorks.

-In reality, I'm the last person who will accost you at the range and "offer advice." I hate people who do that. But if you're at the range, and you want to chat or shoot my toys, just ask. I'll share.-