12 February 2007

Welcome to the dog show!

I always forget these things are two-night evolutions. So no herding group until tomorrow night. Not that I'm bitter. We're going to start off with the working group here in a minute. I, of course, have a breed favorite here.

- Note - the best part about watching dogs shows is the commercials. Who doesn't love these Pedigree "We're for dogs" ads?

Casey isn't overwhelmingly into the dog show, but she is overwhelmingly into the pretzels I'm sharing with her. Sparky is having a car ride (beer run w/ Mr. Abby), so he'll be back in time for the Toy Group.

Oooh! They're entering the ring and I just caught a flash of bullmastiff! I had bullmastiffs when I was growing up and they are awesome. Totally under-recognized breed.

Wow - the Akita and its handler look a lot alike. Judging strictly from appearance, I don't think I'd want to have either over for a beer.

These announcers are amazing. The malamute is "the equivalant of the horse, but in the north."

Man, these Bernese Mountain Dogs look great. But hairy.

Oooh! Boxer boxer boxer!!! He is SO not as handsome as Sarge. I do not approve of those cropped ears.

Now, hold on - is that bullmastiff not a fabulous looking dog? What a tough guy. You don't get to know what sweeties they are unless you get one. Love 'em.

More to follow - Mr. Abby being needy and I've seen most of my group favorites already.