11 February 2007

Weird Sunday Project

Today finds Abby cleaning out her jewelry box. Good Lord...

But, Abby - I can hear you saying - you don't seem like the jewelry type!

I'm not, mostly. I wear my wedding ring most of the time (not when shooting or running or swimming - that type of activity). I adore bizarre earrings, mostly featuring fish (don't ask - it's a theme).

And, like any female in the United States, I have accumulated stuff. I have my grandpa's wedding ring that I'm fairly sure he made himself. I have a saphirre ring my folks brought me from a trip. A small diamond from Mr. Abby.

And necklaces. A zillion necklaces ranging from "keeper" to "something you'd give a 5-year-old." And the vast majority of them were snarled together in a giant knot that I just finished unraveling.

And charms/pendants? Whoo, brother. I haven't ever disposed of anything in my jewelry box. I think I have a Strawberry Shortcake charm, for chrissake. Of course, mixed in with these are the ones I really want to keep - the whale tail, another sapphire, etc. And some weird ones. A small likeness of the Virgin Mary?

Anyway, I'm off to finish this one up. An explanation of the why will follow later.

Oh - weird-ass highlights from the jewelry box? A small crescent wrench, several car fuses, one gold finish Marine Corps chevron for wear with a uniform item I don't think either of us owns, a .22 hollowpoint, and half a candy cane.