25 April 2007

[insert scream here]

[continue scream].............................................



[still screaming]



OK. Oh Lord. I just broke my coffee cup. Slipped right out of my hand and landed on the tile. There were shards. And coffee everywhere. I was on the phone with MC and I was just dumbstruck. I mean...it's my coffee cup. And now it's broken.

"You can call me back," she said, gently.

I cleaned up the mess (it had been full at the time of its demise).

RIP, German Sherpherd cup. I loved you, and we could have spent many years together, being happy.



However, I realize I need to move on. I can't allow the loss of the G. Shep cup to totally paralyze me. So I walked to the cup/glass shelf and tried to pick a stand-in. None of Mr. Abby's cups would do - a coffee cup is a personal thing. Here's Option 1.



I'm just not feelin' for Baghdad Bob. This was my run-up to war coffee cup. It's also too small. Let's see Option 2.



Ahh....no. I hate the goose cup. I don't even know where it came from. And it, too, is small. Let's have Option 3.



This is it. It's my stand-in until I get the next at-home standby. I'm not nuts about the handle shape, and it's another small cup, but I liked my Minnesota gun club very much and it will do for now.

I'm sorry, I need to go stare at the shard of the G. Shep cup and cry now...