25 April 2007

There it is

I'm looking at a manila envelope on my coffee table. In it, the Civilian Marksmanship Program order form, a copy of my passport, a copy of my Garand Collectors Association membership card and a copy of my most recent DD214.

Now, the rule is the form cannot arrive on Friday. But - the maniacs are out there, and if it's not in the first batch they open on Monday...well, that could significantly delay things.

SO - I'll take my happy envelope down to the PO tomorrow and send it Priority, I think.

Good lord willing and the creek don't rise, my little piece of history may even show up before I take off for Texas.



Look at 'em. Ain't they beeeeyoootiful? Somewhere in one of these boxes, one says, "Abby."



(pictures shamelessly stolen from the CMP carbine sales page)