26 April 2007

Just another day

Well, the stucco project from Hell continues. From the rate of progress, it appears I can expect large groups of strangers to be lurking around my house well into next week. Fabulous. Wouldn't be so bad, but they wander in and out of the back yard and leave the gate open, so I have to remember to check before I let the dogs out.

Took Jack to the beach, Casey for a brisk long walk and Sparky for a stroll. The youngster enjoyed himself - too bad it's his last beach visit for a little while. Tomorrow he's headed to the V-E-T.



I'm a big believer in spay and neuter, but that's gotta be uncomfortable. Particularly since I expect the other two to harass him mercilessly.

I later watched the Democratic candidates debate. Good lord, there's some weirdos in that pack. Then again, the same can be said on the Republican side. I was underwhelmed, except when Hillary went on a bit of a tear about killing the shit out of anyone who attacks us. I have always believed she's a little meaner than she lets on - gotta play to the base. I'm not about all the rest of her positions, and you know I'm sick of the Clintons, but I don't think she'd be one to fuck with, in the military sense. That retired Senator from Alaska, Gravel, stole Kucinich's "crazy cred," though. Wow.

I have to have Jack at the V-E-T at 0730 tomorrow, so a smarter woman would hit the rack. I, however, just cracked open a frosty cold A&W rootbeer, so that's not gonna happen too soon.