23 April 2007

WLSR - broadcasting in my backyard

That would be "Loser Radio," perhaps better known as my super-creepy across-the-back-fence neighbor.

Dude's probably in his 40s, balding, and apparently unemployed. I haven't had any reason to believe he's done anything gainful in the entire time we've lived here. Nor can I see any evidence of anyone else living there.

Dude drinks a LOT of beer (I run past his trash cans - I know these things), and I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he sells a little pot (traffic patterns lead me to thing drugs, clientele leads me to think marijuana). He's trashy and creepy, but seems friendly enough.

He used to wave and try to strike up conversation. Cheerfully encouraging Casey to do her snarling police dog routine whenever he leaned over the fence put a stop to that, though.

Problem is...the music. Pretty much every evening, it's loud. I mean like all my windows and doors are shut and I can hear it loud. And it's normally 70s-era guitar crap. Once in a while something I recognize, but often just chords. There's a possibility this is a guy with his own guitar who can only play two or three chords. I just don't know.

Friday and Saturday nights it's super-tiresome. The same thing, played again and again, punctuated only by the sound of him dumping another crate of glass empties into the outdoor trash can.

It annoys me, but really, given our neighborhood, it's just one of those things. But occasionally he pulls something a little odd.

I swear he was just broadcasting Alanis Morrisette's "Jagged Little Pill." WTF? It has occured to me that a well-placed round in the electric meter that faces our yard would provide at least temporary relief, and I can't imagine the other neighbors would rat me out. Food for thought.