05 April 2007

Cue the Willie Nelson

'Cause we're about to be on the road again.

Well, I am. The Bad Dogs have a little getaway with Crazy Uncle Buddy, and I have a job interview in Texas next week. Two, actually, but one is far closer to being a "real job" than the other.

So I got my Mapquest, and I got my state maps. Tomorrow is a trip to the bank, then a trip to Jiffy Lube so my beloved Jeep is healthy for the trip, then a trip to the vet because someone (Casey) needs a bordatella booster. Then a fun-filled Saturday of making sure my grownup clothes are in order (heels - ick), and then I am outta here.

I love a good road trip. This one won't be leisurely - in fact, it'll be a Road Warrior Pedal to the Metal type of trip, but that's okay. Mostly, I just love having something to do, other than sit around here grumbling and talking to the dogs.

And c'mon - it's 1200 miles of smoking cigarettes (yeah, that quitting thing is not working out for me) and listening to old country music. You can't beat that.