03 April 2007

WTF?

So I picked up the phone and dialed a number. And got that weird, disconnected busy signal. I tried again a couple minutes later. Same thing. Tried a local number. Same thing.

Huh.

Grabbed my cell. It can't complete any outbound call.

Emailed a buddy. She can't get a call through on either phone.

What the Hell?

My phone runs on the same FIOS lines as my internet access (which, we can see, works). My cell is an entirely different company.

I can only think of one thing that would cause this, and it doesn't make any sense, because I can't imagine why anyone would be running high-powered frequency jamming equipment here.

Well, I can, actually, but I don't think the couple of entities on the base that would have that shit would switch it on during a workday.

This is annoying.