04 April 2007

Not the sharpest tool in the shed

Being an idiot, I just took all three dogs to the park. They were getting a little wound up and I figured it would be more effective than just walking them around a couple of blocks.

I was right. They're exhausted. But so am I.

First, I loaded them up. Which takes a little effort, because the instant I start collecting leashes, they get hysterical.



At this point, all I had to do was get Casey in the back, put Sparky's collar on, drive four blocks to the park (the sidewalk is too scary to walk all of them there), get the out of the Jeep, get leashes on, and get them into the park.

Jesus. We walked around the lake and over to the DOG PARK on the other side. Oh boy! DOG PARK DOG PARK DOG PARK. Of course, I had to take the leashes off, operate the park gates and then keep track of them. But they had fun.



That, people, is a fast-moving chocolate lab.



And that is Casey, Queen of the Dog Park, and She Who Herds Boxers.

We finally left the dogs park (collect dogs, attach leashes, untangle leashes, operate gates, drag dogs out). As we walked back around the lake, the gang pointed out that they were hot. Okay.



Everbody likes the lake. Some of us just like it more than others.



So then I loaded three wet dogs in the Jeep and drove home. Now I have wet, filthy dogs sleeping all over. As long as they stay asleep, it will have been worth it.



The top is going to have to stay down a couple more days to get that smell out...