03 April 2007

Why I love country music

Because, in part, of stuff like this.

Country singer wanted in shooting incident

Bily Joe Shaver wrote and sang, "Georgia on a fast train," which is one of my favorites. And, apparently, he shot a man outside a bar in some small Texas down a couple of days ago.

After Shaver left a bar in Lorena on Saturday night, a drunk, aggressive stranger with a knife followed him into the parking lot, said attorney Joseph A. Turner of Austin. Shaver shot him in self-defense, he said.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'll share some lyrics, but you should go buy one of his albums. Hell, it looks like he might need the money for a good attorney.

On a rainy Wednesday morning that's the way that I was born in
That old sharecropper's one room country shack
They said my mommie left me the day before she had me
Said she hit the road and never once looked back
And I just like to mention my grandma's old age pension
Is the reason why I'm standing here today
I got all my country learning a milking and a churning
Picking cotton raisin' hell and baling hay
I been to Georgia on a fast train honey I wouldn't born no yesterday
I got a good Christian raisin' and an eight grade education
Ain't no need in y'all a treatin' me this way