26 February 2007

Today's mystery object

I found this while I was walking the Bad Dogs and I couldn't help but pick it up.



No - not the cigarettes. The object. The cigarettes are just there so you can see its size.

I was utterly perplexed. It's heavy, but not as heavy as a lead sinker of the same size would be. I was initially quite concerned it was something ass-related, because that would be my luck.

"Oh? You're looking for your shiny metallic suppository? Well, I think it's IN MY POCKET!"

But I don't think so. When I took it out of my pocket and set it on the counter, the behavior of nearby objects immediately told me that my object is magnetic. Very magnetic.

So what do you think it might be? The closest thing I can think of is a cow magnet, but it's a little small and the shape isn't quite right. Please - if you know, let me in on the secret...