26 February 2007

Wife Swap

Is this not the weirdest show ever? Have you ever watched this? I'm catching it for the second time, and it's a strange one.

Two families are selected. It's apparent that each family needs to be profoundly weird in some way. This week it's the family that bottles deer urine and a family wherein the husband has a real job and the woman apparently travels around hosting "princess parties" for 5 year old girls.

The last one I watched involved a family that adhered to some sort of raw meat diet swapping women with the wife of some urban hipster.

What I find interesting is that these people all apparently volunteer for this show. I think a lot of it is some sort of urge to evangelize - they think they need to share their way of life with others.

People get awfully worked up on this show, but for the most part, I think the participants are good sports.