30 January 2007

Laundry load-out

I'm having a slightly hostile day here. But I did manage to accomplish LAUNDRY! Which bummed me out, but I'm having one of those days when EVERYTHING bums me out, so...whatever. It'll pass.

Anyway, I thought y'all might enjoy an image of my laundry preparations.



Yep. That's ten days worth of Bad Dog laundry (plus towels, I only do those every OTHER trip) packed up and ready to go.

What? Oh, you have a question?

Abby, what else do you drive around with? I mean, there's a bunch of crap there in your Jeep. What's up with that?

Oh. Well, there's the red and black toolbag. That has all my get-out-of-a-bad spot stuff. Winch cable, towstrap, treestrap, ratchet straps, bungee cords, zip ties, hatchet, chemlights, etc.

We also have the green plastic case of cheap handtools. My husband tends to steal my tools, so I bought a cheap set of ratchets, etc at WalMart and I hide them in the Abbymobile.

There's a tent - big enough for two friendly people or me and Casey. Semper Paratus.

Also, binoculars, a birdbook, two flashlights, Olay Daily Facial Wipes, a big bottle of water, Off! bug spray, a Tshirt I can put on to run in someplace if I've been running in a sports bra, a blaze orange hunting vest, a one-size-fits-all belt slide holster, and half a bag of Jolly Ranchers wedged under the driver's seat.

You just never know.

Hold on - another question?

Abby, you're a gun nut! Don't you have a truck/trunk gun?

Nope. I drive on and off base all the time and that's one rule I don't play around with. If I'm carrying, I carry. If I'm on a road trip, I just toss a pistol on the passenger seat and throw a shirt over it. That's why the generic belt slide.