03 February 2007

It's here

I woke this morning to the Gun Pimp on the phone - my M9 arrived. Happy hapy joy! Note to self - avoid driving before consuming coffee - you're a danger to yourself and others.

Looks good. I'm pretty happy with the turnaround to get the replacement here.

Initial notes -
1- These 15-round magazines (3 of them) look way better than the ones I was issued. If the .mil bought the good magazines, half of complaints about the M9 and M16 platforms would just vanish.
2- I'd never noticed the half-moon rear sight paint before. I think this is because on the M9 I was issued for Iraq, there was no paint. No red safety dot, nothing on the sights. That worked just fine, this will work better.
3- Man, they really like the stick figures in the safety part of the manual. If I get really bored, I may scan some in and make sarcastic comments about them.

Well, I'll get this thing to the range later. I think I've got some new shooters to take out in the near future, and I'd like to have this available, so I have no choice but to put a couple hundred rounds through it to make sure it works.