01 February 2007

Sonsabitches

So my Gun Pimp called earlier.

"Hey, Abby, guess what I have?"

I jumped in the shower and raced through the Tampa streets. Walked into Guns And SCUBA Supplies (Your Friendly Local Source for Expensive Stuff!). And my Gun Pimp looked up.

"I think we might have a problem. It doesn't say M9. I called you as soon as it came in, but I just don't know..."

He brought out a blue plastic box. This was not a good sign. The M9 does not ship in a blue plastic box. Opened the plastic box. Hmmm... extracted the pistol.

"Shit. Wrong gun."

The GP shook his head. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to call you if they -"

"No. That's cool. Let's turn it around and get the right one."

They shipped a 92FS. Now, I'm aware for that for all intents and purposes these are the EXACT SAME GUN. But I ordered what I wanted, and that is what I shall have. Further, that writing on the slide - the "read manual before operation to avoid shooting small children or yourself" warning? That's super gay.

So. Back to waiting. I told the Gun Pimp to go ahead and get bitchy with the distributor - tell them lies, like that screwing up my order somehow negatively affected my life, and that they should send free additional stuff to make up for it. Doubt that'll happen, but we shall see.

Oh, by the way. Please do not be insulting my gun pimp in comments for not being certain it was the wrong gun. The actual FFL at my shop is in poor health, and so the SCUBA expert is the one usually in the shop. He's the one I refer to as my "Gun Pimp," but it's not really his area of expertise.