03 February 2007

Trying something new

I promise not to do this often. I know some of my readers lack high-speed connections, and I apologize to them in advance. I know some of my readers probably find country music loathesome, and I apologize to you as well.

But I had CMT on as my background noise the other day and caught this one... Darryl Worley is, it seems, a big fan of our fighting men and women. He's done some good work on the subject before (and some that's been a little over the top). His song "I just came back from a war" is quite good.

But the video is fantastic. Aside from being a little heavy on images of Darryl singing, that is. Other than that, this is a pretty good depiction of what it felt like at first (and feels like sometimes even now). I really enjoy the last 60 seconds or so.



As always, when talking about this stuff, I make no claim that my experience is or was like anoyone else's. But this seemed to hit the nail on the head, particularly for those of us who didn't go as Active Duty types. At some point, they just drop you off back home. Very weird.

Oh - and no - I have no idea what uniform that chick is wearing in the very beginning. Just ignore that.

It's good shit.