02 February 2007

You know what's awesome?

Velcro. Velcro is awesome.

I was a little burned out on Velcro for a few months when I came back from Iraq. Once the Army discovered the miracle that is "hook and loop fastener," it was sheer madness. They used it on all the equipment. They covered the new stupid Army Combat Uniform with SO MUCH Velcro that it became possible to take all of your laundry out of a washer by grabbing one sleeve.

So I took a couple of months off from Velcro.

But this stuff...man...you go to a craft store. Those places are creepy, and they always give me the feeling I'm trying to "pass," like I'm trying to get by pretending to be a normal craft-store person. But the crafts stores...man, that's where they keep the real good Velcro. The shit, as Dennis Leary once said, that killed Belushi.

Of course, Dennis Leary was talking about cocaine. Whatever.

So my enhanced tactical shoulder bag that's not a "purse" but that's more like a "purse" than it is like anything else, in fact maybe it is a purse but it's OD and I can stick a gun in it...that project? This velcro stuff makes it much easier. We'll see how it holds up. Pics to follow. I'm on the right track, but there's work still to be done.

What? No - I'm not drinking at 1700. I'm just thrilled about my bag and the Velcro. But it IS Friday, and it IS 1700. The cocktail hour approaches...